The Drive By: Part II

I sat in the car for a few minutes in complete shock. Was I really seeing what I thought I was seeing? I tried to wrap my psyche around everything that was going on, but it was too much. I began to replay the accident back in my head...she was irate, I was apprehensive, she was cold and mean toward me and she ran into the back of me...intentionally?? The accident took place as I was leaving Mr. 36's crib...now her car is in his driveway? He didn't even come to the scene. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??!! I had to know.

After sitting idle in the car for about a minute or two, I jumped out of the drivers seat and darted for his front door. The car was still running and my mom was left behind firmly saying my name, but I ignored her. I started banging on the door. My blood was BOILING. A light flicked on in the foyer leading up to the door. I heard footsteps, but was met with silence. He was looking through the peep hole.

"Open the damn door!", I yelled like a maniac. I banged harder, as if he would note my sense of urgency. It was unfounded; he still didn't answer. Then it hit me, I had a key! I ran back to the car, turned off the engine and yanked the keys. My mom was mumbling something, I guess she was trying to talk some sense into me, but it wasn't working.

I stomped back to the front door and started fiddling with the keys looking for the right one. My vision was hazy, my mind was cloudy, I was STEAMING! I couldn't think straight. Finding the key to his house would have normally been an easy job, especially given the fact that his key had a distinctive ring around it. But my mind was not thinking rationally. I finally found the key that fit perfectly and turned the lock...but the chain was on the door. I was so angry! I started cussing.

In the meantime, unknown to me, he was on the phone talking to my other as she sat in my car outside of the house. (That's another story in and of itself). She was basically telling him that I was outside, upset (as if he couldn't tell) and that it would be best if he came to speak to me as a man, instead of ignoring me. I didn't find out this little tidbit of information until lonnnnnnng after the incident.

Her speech to him must have worked, because he appeared moments later and unchained the door. "WTF is going on here!?" I asked. "Calm down baby, calm down," he said in a pacifying tone. "Don't you tell me to calm down, WTF is going on!!!!!!!!??????!!!!" Anyone who knows me well, knows that when I'm enraged, the storm follows tears....and the tears were streaming. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was trying to play peacemaker before the eye of the storm touched down.

He said some things to me along the lines of us having a lot to discuss, but not being able to get through to me in the condition I was in. He suggested that I go back home, get some rest, and we would meet for coffee in the am. I was peeping the scene. The lights in the living room and kitchen were off, which meant, he was upstairs in his bedroom or the game room. So, whomever the car belonged to was up there as well. SHE WAS IN HIS BEDROOM!?! "Uh Uh MFer, I ain't going NO DAMN WHERE!" With that said, I headed for the steps. He tried to stop me, but I was too fast. Taking two steps at a time, I ran up to his bedroom.

I flung open the bedroom door and began to assess the scene. The Play Station game was on pause at the far end of the room providing most of the light along with a candle that was burning on the nightstand. A Heineken bottle sat on the floor next to the bed alongside his cell phone and house phone, and a woman was at the foot of the bed putting on her pants. I was speechless. She looked up at me with an embarrassed look on her face and quickly looked back down at her pant leg. She picked up her purse whichT was sitting on his dresser and brushed pass me at the door. Headed for the front door, she rushed down the stairs, as if to escape the madness. I followed behind her calling her full government name. She peered back at me with agitated eyes. Yes, it was indeed her, the woman that caused the accident only days earlier. "Why are you here?", I screamed at her.(What a dumb question.) She didn't respond. I calmed my tone and re-asked the question. After all,no one wants to talk to a person when they are yelling at you. So I pretended to be calm and re-asked. "I asked you a question, please don't ignore me." She turned around, looked me dead in the face and said "Ask HIM why I'm here," and headed out of the door.

I generally don't deal with confrontation well, but it wasn't the normal me in this situation. I had been taken over by an outside force. Beyonce would call her Sasha Fierce...I didn't have the desire to name her. She was a stranger. Her strength was so strong, she caused me to do things that I would have normally never even thought of doing. Ignoring my mothers advice and for-warnings, embarrassing myself,causing a scene in public. Those are all things that I would normally cringe at! I was not in control of myself. The normal me would have NEVER confronted him nor her. The normal me wouldn't have had buns of steel and drove past his house. What had come over me?

I followed behind her. "No, I'm asking YOU." By this time, my mom was out of the car standing in front of the house. Mr. 36 was nowhere in sight. I don't know where the hell he disappeared to. My mom pulled me back, wiped my face and sternly said "ENOUGH! It's time to go." As my mom dragged me to the car in a way only a mother can, Mr. 36 emerged from the bushes. Yep, his ass had hid out in the bushes. Well, he said he wasn't "hiding" but he had taken up position AWAY from the drama. "CC, I'll call you in the morning." I couldn't muster up a response, but my mom picked up for me where I needed her to "don't you dare! You had more than enough time to talk tonight, but you didn't."

I sat in the passenger seat and sobbed the whole way home. I still couldn't make sense of what had just happened. I was crying for several reasons, the loss of my relationship, the betrayal, the embarrassment, the disappointment I knew I had become to my strong mother and the confusion of the whole situation. I was broken. But that wasn't the end of it.

To Be Continued....

1 comments:

Mr. Aroundtheworld said...

Ok, maybe I was wrong. But I mean, maybe they were really playing the playstation, and you know...she was better at Madden....but somehow I dont think that is where this is going.