Is Dating on Reality TV Really Dating?

I have to admit that I can not get with the program of these reality dating shows. I just can't find it in me to allow myself to totally believe the foolishness that is shown. I mean seriously, what woman in her right mind would want to date Flavor Flav? What woman do you know (with something going for herself), would willingly reside in a house full of other women as she competes against them for a total stranger's adoration and praise? Ummmm, I don't know of any. Where do they find these chics that participate?

When The Bachelor first hit TV a few years back, I tuned in out of sheer curiosity. What appalled me is the desperation that these ladies reaked of. The way that would stop at nothing to get the attention of a man they thought was an heir to a fortune. How they would make decisions to spend the night with him and kiss him after knowing that just a few hours ago he was with another woman, doing the same thing. That made my teeth itch. To me, there is nothing more degrading than women COMPETING for a man. I often wonder if, in the course of these shows, does it become more about the competition than it does about the relationship. After all, that's really what they are there for- a relationship, right? So at some point does it become less about the actual guy and more about winning?

I wonder if at some point these chics realize that the man is full of ish, and he really isn't their type. I'm sure that has happened. It is only natural for you to think less of a man slobbing down some chick in a hot tub that he has known for less than 24 hrs. It has to make you think twice about his credibility. But will any of the women on these shows ever speak out about it? NOPE. I believe they won't because at that point it has become more about the show and not about the relationship.

The Bachelorette and I Love New York are spin offs from the original shows The Bachelor and Flavor of Love. These shows have flipped the script and put the woman in charge of finding a mate out of a sea of men. This is even more unbelievable. Men definitely hate competition when it comes to women. Open competition that is. I'm sorry, but the man that is my HIM is not ok with living in the same house for an unprecidented amount of weeks- first off. Call me elitist, but my HIM is not ok with the possibility of me swapping spit with random men, including him.

Even if it's just for fun dating purposes, quality men and women would be nowhere near these shows. I know, I know, it's all satire and made for television. Well, call it that then...don't call it reality TV.