Booty Call...or Not?


This week, I found myself in somewhat of a moral dilemma...booty call or not? Now considering my recent (insert cough - ah hmm) recent lack of male companionship, this should have not posed a dilemma at all. In fact, I'm really anxious to actually pick up some speed in the Dating Lane because right now I feel like I'm stalled! However, when I was propositioned by B the other night, as tempting as it was to drop everything and go to see him, I stopped myself and after thinking about it, I decided to opt out of the booty call.

B and I are not strangers. Over the last couple years, we've had a few flings. Yet despite an intense physical attraction towards one another, for some reason or another, we haven't actually had sex. And from the looks of it...we never will. It all began a week ago when one of my good friends ran into B when she and her boyfriend were out bowling one night. B was with a guy friend of his and was bowling in a lane right next to my friend and her boyfriend. Of course, my girlfriend called and started texting me immediately. She knows that I had a really big crush on B a few years ago and had to give me a full report on her running into him. So when my girlfriend and I went to dinner a couple nights later, I decided to call B to say hello. We talked for awhile and caught up on what's been going on in each of our lives. Later the same night, he called and asked me to come over to his house.


Though he didn't specifically tell me why he wanted me to come over, his intentions were very clear. I tossed around the idea for awhile (Lawd knows I wanted to slip on my sexiest bra and panties and run out the house with my overnight bag!) but after thinking about it for a minute or so I decided to pass on the booty call this time. For me it just didn't feel right with B. Like I said, we've never actually had sex and his approach just felt all wrong. I was actually kind of insulted that he thought it was going to be that easy. I mean...I'm not looking to date him seriously since I already know that's not the path we're headed down but I just felt like he could have had a less sleazy approach, especially since we've never "been together" before. Call me crazy but the least he could have done is pretended that his primary objective wasn't to get in between my legs. Shoot, I wasn't even requiring dinner and a movie! I mean I like honesty and a straightforward approach but show a little respect!

I guess what it comes down to is how you feel about the given situation. I'm all for a good booty call if that's what you want to do and still feel like you can respect yourself and your decision once it's done. But if there is any chance that you may feel used or not actually valued and respected, then I say take a pass. I assure you...the next booty call is always right around the corner!!

XoXo,