Always Follow Your FIRST MIND!

Ever since I've become abstinent, I have been very careful about agreeing to dates that involve going to some one's house or allowing someone to come to mine. It just cuts down on unnecessary awkwardness, and it doesn't allow the opportunity for the moment to creep up on me. Yes folks, as you can tell, I don't trust myself alone with a man I'm attracted to. That can lead to the unknown, and I'd hate to be the tease. We've ALL been the tease before. U know the girl I'm talking about...the one who makes out with a dude, does all of the dry hunchin' and rollin' with him...even takes off her bottoms, and then says- "No, We Can't Do This," only to have him ask to just stick the tip in- whatever that means. We are grown @ss adults, we BOTH know that more than just the tip will be used....but I digress.


So, this dude (I won't dare to give him the honor of Bachelor-status) invited me out on a date. Let's call him Trey. I've been knowing Trey for about 8 months. we met through a mutual friend. Our initial outings have always consisted of group activities with our mutual friend and others. I wouldn't really call them dates. I could tell he was interested in me, and vice versa, so he finally got up the gull to ask me out.

The initial plan was for us to go to Dave & Buster's to watch the game on Monday night and play some arcade games. He swears he is a Pac-Man Pro. Whatever. He was supposed to call me at 6pm to set up a definite time for us to meet at the location. He called as scheduled, but he wanted to change the plans....see....he had to work the next morning, and he had to get up really early to go to work, so he wanted to know if I would come over to his house instead. He suggested that he would cook or order Chinese take-out and we could watch a movie. Hmmmmmm. Ya know ya girl was NOT feeling that at all!

My first mind told me HELL to the NO. But I didn't verbalize it, and instead I told him that I would call him back in a few minutes. My thing is this, he always knew that we were going to hook up on a school night; he always knew that he had to go to work early the next morning; he always knew that he had NO intentions on going to Dave & Buster's, so why suddenly spring this on me at the 23rd hour, 59th second?

Well, in true C'est Chic fashion, I ended up ignoring my FIRST MIND and went on ahead to his house. I got there around 7pm and planned to only stay for a couple of hours. I expected to walk in and smell the aroma of a home-cooked meal. SIKE! Nothing on the stove at the Apartments on the Park. :( I asked Trey what was up with dinner. He said that he was waiting for me to see what I wanted to eat from the Chinese joint. Sidenote-I don't do Chinese joints. If it isn't Pei Wei or P.F. Changs, then I am NOT gonna eat it. The only joint I will eat Chinese food from was NOT in this city. I didn't want to sound like a Prima Donna, so I just followed his lead and ordered the Happy Family (how can u go wrong with seafood). When the food came, it was the worsT! Yes worsT. The rice had peas and carrots in it, it was still white, and not tasty. I couldn't find the seafood due to all of the shrubbery. I looked up at Trey and he was eating that junk like it was the Last Supper!

Fast forward to the end of the meal. Trey took my half eaten meal and put it in his fridge. I followed him into the living room and plopped on the sofa in front of the plasma TV. I started surfing through the DVDs that were on the table in front of me. Trey cut off the light in the living room where I was and nodded his head toward the bedroom. UH UH! Why do we have to go to the bedroom? There is a perfectly fine television sitting right here...an expensive one at that. Why in the sam hayle do we have to go to the bedroom to watch a movie????

So do you all know what I did? Yep, I went into the bedroom, sat on the floor and waited for him to put on the movie. He took his time strolling around putting imaginary items in their places. I was giggling on the inside because I knew that he was trying to burn some time. After five minutes of nothingness, I took it upon myself to put the movie in the DVD player and started watching it. The movie was Alpha Dog. I've seen it before, but I wasn't gonna make a big stink. It was OK enough for me to watch it again. Trey didn't join me on the floor in front of the TV, instead he opted for the bed. I guess he thought I would hop up there with him, but he was sooooooo wrong. I sat my happy @ss right there on that floor in that big bean bag he doesn't use. He didn't have the courage to ask me to join him in the bed for whatever reason. Maybe he could feel the vibe I was giving- the vibe that said "I wish you would...." Eventually, he got off of the bed and joined me on the floor where he laid his head in my lap. Half way through the movie I began to hear some noises and they weren't coming from the TV. This fool had fallen asleep! The date had become POINTLESS! (As if it wasn't already). Oh uh uh!

I could not believe my ears. He was snoring so loud it was ridiculous. After the snoring had become so loud that I could no longer hear the TV, I started tapping him on his head to let him know that I was about to leave. This fool acted like he was in a coma. He did not reply. He didn't flinch even when I started lightly smacking him upside his head. Who sleeps that hard??? Really??? Who does that???

I hopped my happy @ss up from off of the bean bag letting his head plop into it. He mumbled something, and I said in a loud voice directly in his ear "Say bruh- I'm out!" He mumbled something else. I said it again and followed it up with "Come and walk me to the door." No reply. He didn't budge. I nudged him with my foot- no movement. By this time, I was a little annoyed and oh so ready to go. So I said it one more time "I'm leaving Trey!" Nothing. So I picked up my purse, put on my shoes, and left out of the house. I had to leave the door unlocked. It was a little after midnight by this time, and I was walking full force through the parking lot to my car. I got inside, locked the doors, and slapped the steering wheel.

This fool couldn't even get up for a second to lock his frickin' door! WTF?! Really homey, were you THAT tired? I haste to believe it. He was such a frickin' gentleman. The next day (or technically later that same day) around 5am I received a text to my phone....YES....a TEXT....not a CALL. The text said "Hey Lady, You made it home safely?" I never responded. Not even to this day. For all he knows I'm in the revene outside of his crib. Why does he care? Sleep was more important to him at the moment, my safety was no where on his personal radar. A-hole.

Moral of this story: Always follow your FIRST mind! A woman's intuition is the best thing God could have bestowed upon us. I will be the first to admit that God has given me a great spirit of discernment, and at times I allow my stupidity to override it. I am learning to hone in on those gut feelings and follow my first mind. Had I done so in this case, I wouldn't have been in the position to have to fake like I enjoyed some SARS infested Chinese food, nor would I have had to deal with him drooling on my brand new Joe's Jeans. Dry cleaning is expensive! Next time, no Dave & Buster's no DATE. Punk.

XoXo,
C.C.