The EX-Files


Can someone tell me why men can’t seem to get enough of you once you’re gone?! It’s as predictable as the nightly news – somehow, someway you’ve never looked better, never felt better and never been wanted more until you are no longer theirs.

Since I’ve broken up with my ex-boyfriend, it’s like I can’t keep him away from me. He’s always sniffin’ around for sex. Always trying to spend the night. He claims that he even fantasizes about me. WTF?!? It’s not as if I’m not happy to take the compliment (insert – pat on the back). But let’s call a spade a spade…he had all this! Had it anytime he wanted it. Sad thing is that every once in a while, I go for it. I fall into it…literally! What can I say, a girl’s got needs!

But what I’m trying to figure out is why is it so easy for we women to look past everything we’ve been through with these fools and give them the goodies even after we declared to ourselves and the world that he doesn’t (and never did) deserve us?



Now don’t get all self-righteous on me and act like you’ve never done it. We’ve all done it. But no matter how you slice it…sex with the Ex is never a good idea! Speaking from personal experience…I know that sex complicates any situation and sex with an Ex just takes an already emotionally charged, overly sensitive situation and tangles it all up. Don’t get me wrong…it’s always so easy, so familiar and we’ve all had those moments of weakness when that vow of celibacy seems like the impossible task. And who better to have sex with than the one person who knows exactly how you like it, exactly what to say, exactly how to make you feel exactly how you want to?? Problem with this situation is that, again…in my personal experience, it’s never that simple. Nine times out of ten, you get the itch scratched but you’re left wondering, “now what?” “What does this mean?” “Are we seeing each other again?” Though you know you shouldn’t be with this person, it’s so easy to fall victim to the temptations of the flesh.

My warning ladies is to just say no to drugs! Seriously! Men are like that sometimes. Lust is like that sometimes. Like drugs. Just say no. In the long run you’ll thank yourself for walking away – completely. You’ll respect yourself for respecting yourself; for respecting your mind and your body and walking away from a relationship you’ve already decided wasn’t worth your time. And if you don’t respect yourself…than who will?

My closing thought…Honor Yourself!!!

XoXo,
Charmed